Girl Guides Australia is the peak body for Guiding in Australia and a not-for-profit organisation.
Our mission is to empower girls and young women to discover their potential as leaders of their world.
Guiding provides an all-girl, non-competitive learning environment where girls can challenge themselves, find their voice, and meet new friends.
Guides offers girls the chance to develop their potential through:
- Seeking challenges
- Fun, friendship and adventure
- Being proactive in their community
- Learning about body confidence
- Campaigning for the issues they care about
- Putting up a tent
- Performing in a play
- Attending girl only events and sleepovers
- Conquering fears
- Learning from setbacks
- Developing a love of the outdoors
- Trying new things…canoeing, archery, money management…
- Becoming a girl leader
- Team work
- Feeling a sense of belonging
- Maintaining healthy relationships
- Nurturing a respect for the environment and wildlife
- Earning a variety of badges
- A sense of achievement working through challenges
- Setting goals