World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS)
Travel Updates Effective 1 June 2023
International travel may resume to approved Girl Guiding events (including camps and jamborees) by Youth Members, Adult Members, contingents and individuals, subject to the requirements set out below and all usual risk management considerations:
- Travel insurance is a requirement to attend events overseas which the Traveller is to obtain themselves. Travellers take full responsibility for meeting all expenses not covered by their travel insurance including any costs relating to requirements to quarantine.
- Travellers must meet all requirements for the country they are visiting and for returning to Australia.
- Travellers should travel by the most direct route and only transit through other countries where direct flights are not available.
- Travellers are to register their travel plans (via https://international.girlguides.org.au/ or by email to National Coordinator – International at email@example.com) in advance, including confirmation that they have all relevant vaccines as recommended by their medical adviser.
The above requirements continue to also apply to adults travelling to World Centres (which resumed from 1 June 2022) and Adult Members volunteering at World Centres (which resumed from 1 July 2022). There are no remaining general restrictions on travel imposed by GGA arising from the COVID-19 pandemic other than as set out above.
The National Coordinator – International will consider a range of matters related to COVID-19 in deciding whether to approve the advertisement of international events, the formation of international contingents and group international travel applications including:
- requirements for vaccination
- any requirements for insolation or quarantine in the destination countries, and how the risk management planning addresses this risk and
- Smart Traveller Advisory Levels 1 (Exercise normal precautions) and 2 (Exercise a high degree of caution) only.
Groups or individuals looking to travel in 2023 are encouraged to reach out to the National Coordinator – International (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure that they are kept up to date on any changes to GGA guidance.
Changes may be made to this guidance at short notice if there are changes in government regulations or advice.