Opportunities to be a part of Australia's Leading Movement for Girls and Young Women!
Do you want to be a part of changing the future of Girl Guiding in Australia? Be part of something exciting?
Then become a volunteer with Girl Guides Australia!
We know that Australian Girl Guides are always looking for the best way that they can serve there movement and the commitment that they have to grow Guiding in Australia. That is why Girl Guides Australia is committee to providing the volunteers that work directly with us the best opportunity and experiences in volunteering.
National Volunteer Positions:
Currently there are no national volunteer positions available.
State Volunteer Positions:
To find out more about volunteering within your State Girl Guiding Organisation please contact your State Office directly – all the contact details can be found HERE
WAGGGS is currently recruiting Advocacy Champions for 2020 find out more:
- 2020 WAGGGS Advocacy Champions (Australian closing date for applications 15 November 2019)
To look at all volunteer opportunities with WAGGGS please visit:
Our volunteers are supported in their work through such mechanisms as:
- Access to the team at the national office
- Financial support whereby direct costs associated with their work are often covered
- HR support – in form of PDs and development opportunities
Our Volunteering Information Kit here provides more information on what you can expect when volunteering with Girl Guides and answers some questions you may have before beginning volunteering with us.
Furthermore, Girl Guides Australia supports the National Standards for Volunteering.
Being a national volunteer provides you with the opportunity to:
- Develop new skills and knowledge about your movement
- Be in a key leadership position on national strategic projects
- Get involved in work that can provide you with experience to add to your CV!
Being a part of the Volunteer Team of Girl Guides Australia provides our members with an opportunity to play a significant contribution to the achievement of the nationally agreed Strategic Plan.