The Thailand Challenge 2021
Are you looking for an international trip with a difference?
Do you like the sound of combining tourism with environmental education and service?
Are you reasonably fit and capable of riding a bike, hiking and kayaking?
If so, this could be the trip for you.
This project has been developed in association with Triadhos Three-generation Barge Program and Girl Guide Association of Thailand.
The Thailand Challenge aims to broaden the experience of adult members 18-35 by:
• Exploring the outdoors through observation and investigation of Thailand’s culture, history and environment
• Sharing the ethos of Guiding through interaction with Australian, New Zealand and Thai Girl Guides in formal and non-formal activities
• Enjoying Guiding traditions including campfires, cooking and small group activities
• Developing leadership skills while visiting Thai schools and while living and travelling with other people
• Participating in environmental education activities to raise awareness of issues, lifestyle changes and community responses
• Participating in community service projects including sharing English language with Thai students and mangrove restoration and planting.
3rd July 2021 – 17th July 2021
Thailand. Bangkok-Sukthothai-Chiang Mai-Krabi-Bangkok.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Fees may be subject to change as the impact of recovery from COVID19 on the exchange rate, cost and availability of airfares, tours, attractions, accommodation and food is unknown.
These prices should only be taken as a guide and not as firm pricing. All pricing will be reviewed, and new costs agreed upon by participants before bookings are placed.
• fees are based on 10 participants and may be reduced if we have more than 10 participants.
• Visa fees, contingent shirts and badges are not included.
Event fee deposit ($1,100) and GGA fees are due 15th January 2021, subject to government lifting of COVID 19 restrictions
|Event fee includes all meals, accommodation, bus and train, program costs and Barge Program t-shirt. 82,600THB||$4,300.00|
|Approximate Flight costs ex Sydney to Bangkok, Chiang Mai-Krabi, Krabi-Bangkok, Bangkok to Sydney||$1350.00|
|GGA fees (admin fee, travel insurance, international scarf, contingent support)||$340.00|