Phillippines – APR Conference for Leaders of Girls 2017 ‘Learn, Lead, Inspire’
ASIA PACIFIC REGIONAL CONFERENCE FOR LEADERS OF GIRLS 2017
Learn, Lead, Inspire!
|Asia Pacific Region is delighted to invite Member Organisations to take part in the second Asia Pacific Region Conference for Leaders of Girls 2017: Learn, Lead, Inspire!|
A high-quality Girl Guide and Girl Scout experience depends on the dedication of local leaders to not only offer a varied programme using the Girl Guide and Girl Scout Method, they also need to commit themselves to listening to, and learning from young people, to continuously working to make the programme more relevant, exciting, accessible and learner-led to girls today. They also need to role model empowering leadership that puts young people at the centre of their own learning. To make this possible, we need to support our unit leaders to learn innovative ideas and approaches, lead their teams to be more girl-centred, and inspire the young people they work with to reach their fullest potential and take action to change the world.
Delegates at the Conference for Leaders of Girls will:
This exciting international experience will include:
|WHEN||27th November – 2nd December 2017|
|WHO||Leaders of youth18+|
1) Who are unit/group leaders who are actively working with girl members aged 19 or below.
2) Have not attended a previous WAGGGS event (including the WAGGGS Leaders of youth event Melbourne 2014)
3) at least half the delegates should be young women aged 30 and below.
Please note – there are limited positions for this event.
|HOW MUCH||Event fees are inclusive of:|
– Accommodation from 27th November to 2nd December inclusive
– Meals starting from dinner on 27th November and breakfast of 3rd December
– Airport transfer (only for participants arriving on 25th, 26th and 27th November and departures on 3rd, 4th and 5th December)
Financial assistance may be available.
Fees are approximate based on current information and exchange rates and may change.
|This is a nationally selected event|
|APPLY ON LINE at:||GirlGuide Traveller https://international.girlguides.org.au .|
|AUSTRALIAN CLOSING DATE: 14th August 2017|
Interviews for this event will be held 21st-25th August 2017 via teleconference.Successful applicants will be required to apply to APR online by 31st August.