Do you want to make a difference in the lives of girls and young women while learning new things about yourself along the way?
There are so many different roles to choose from in Guiding – you can work with girls and young women or as a support to those working with young people, you choose.
Volunteering with Guides provides you with the opportunity to experience:
- a sense of belonging as part of a global community of Guides and Guide Leaders
- the spark of extraordinary moments for girls in your community
- connection, friendship, and a chance to grow your network
- new skills and experience for your resume and Linkedin profile
- new personal challenges and experiences
- being a role model for girls and young women
- being part of positive change in your community
- an opportunity to create a space where girls can be who they want to be
- member-only training and events
Volunteering opportunities in Guiding:
There is a national online learning program called e-Guiding which provides essential training to support volunteers on the leadership journey they choose.
Leaders must be female and aged 18 and over.
Unit Leaders and Assistant Unit Leaders run Guide Units and activities across Australia. They are supported by District Managers who in turn are supported by Region Managers in their State.
Interested in volunteering in other ways?
There are so many volunteer roles that can be done in your own time or as a special project thus providing a valuable contribution. Membership is not required.
Share your special interest or skill with Guides and build your network in your community! Here are a few ways you could support Guiding:
- Unit/District volunteer support person – assisting Leaders with tasks such as – shopping, banking and account keeping, newsletters, administration, program activity preparation
- Occasional helper – how often you help at a Guide meeting is up to you, you may be part of a parent or helper roster
- Guest speaker, facilitator or presenter
- Promotion /marketing
- Catering for large or small events
- Property or Guide Hall maintenance or management
- District Support Group member
- Committee member in your area of expertise
- Helping at events