There is more to being a Girl Guide than just having a good time!
Guiding provides opportunities for you to:
- Explore and be curious
- Be respectful and considerate of all positive behaviours
- Seek to build networks or relationships and to collaborate with your peers
- Identify values, speak out and take action
- Make positive choices for health and well being
- Advocate for girls and young women to make their own decisions
- Actively evaluate the impact of decisions and actions of others
- Communicate, work and reflect effectively with each other
- Empower every Guide to practice leadership
Being a Girl Guide is all about learning new skills, making new friends and helping others. You will be encouraged to achieve your own personal goals through a flexible program with support from your Leader. You can work towards a wide variety of badges and perhaps gain a Peak achievement award.
Girls meet either face-to-face or via web-based meetings. We look forward to welcoming you to your next Unit meeting!
Girl Guiding is facilitated by trained volunteers across all states in Australia. With a program that is girl-led and designed to encourage girls and young women to be the change in their world.
Want to find out more about how to join our community?