Promise and Law
A message from the Chief Commissioner
To help you to put the Promise and Law into action
The Promise is a personal commitment you make to become a Guide. It is about yourself, personal development, your own spiritual journey and developing your value system. It is about what you do for others - the commitment to help others and a responsibility to country. The Guide Law gives you guidance and code to live by as you strive to put your Promise into action.
The Promise and Law underpins everything you do as a Guide: no matter what activity or challenge. It will enable you to grow into a confident, self-respecting, responsible community member.
Some ways to explore the Promise and Law could include activities based on:
- what makes a good friend, how do you support a friend, thinking of others
- looking at other cultures and tradition
- respectful relationships
- the different types of communities you belong to or would like to support in some way
- what makes a good citizen
- what makes a good leader or who do you respect as a leader and why