Opportunities to be a part of Australia's Leading Movement for Girls and Young Women!
Do you want to be a part of changing the future of Girl Guiding in Australia? Be part of something exciting?
Do you want to take the service that you offer to girls, young women and the Australian Community to the next level?
Then, become a volunteer at the national level with Girl Guides Australia!
We know that Australian Girl Guides are always looking for the best way that they can serve there movement and the commitment that they have to grow Guiding in Austraila. That is why Girl Guides Australia is committee to providing the volunteers that work directly with us the best opportunity and experiences in volunteering.
From time to time we advertise for new roles and positions and right now, we have the following great opportunities.
- EOI - Opportunities for Young Women to be a part of GGA Board Committees
- Australian Archivist
- Nominations for the WAGGGS' Nominations Sub-Committee
- Call out for Expressions of Interest to volunteer for WAGGGS as part of the 2017 World Conference procedural team
Click on the links above to find out more.
Our volunteers are supported in their work through such mechanisms as:
- Access to the team at the national office
- Financial support whereby direct costs associated with their work are often covered
- HR support - in form of PDs and development opportunities
Our Volunteering Information Kit here provides more information on what you can expect when volunteering with Girl Guides and answers some questions you may have before beginning volunteering with us.
Furthermore, Girl Guides Australia supports the recently released National Standards for Volunteering.
Being a national volunteer provides you with the opportunity to:
- Develop new skills and knowledge about your movement
- Be in a key leadership position on national strategic projects
- Get involved in work that can provide you with experience to add to your CV!
Being a part of the Volunteer Team of Girl Guides Australia provides our members with an opportunity to play a significant contribution to the achievement of the nationally agreed Strategic Plan.