As an adult
Guides provides girls and young women with fantastic opportunities to meet personal challenges, to learn team building and leadership skills and to make new friends.
As an adult may choose to be involved at a local or Region level by supporting Guiding as a member of the local Support Group, assisting with financial management, property management, catering for events or simply helping the Leaders with program activities or administration tasks.
Alternatively, you may like to explore the option of providing administrative assistance at the SGGO office or working in one of our retail outlets.
In addition, there is an opportunity to support Guiding in governance and management roles at state and national levels.
The list below illustrates some areas in which our volunteers choose to contribute:
- Activities and Program expertise – share your skills or knowledge with our youth members, teach a skill or be a guest speaker
- Committee member
- Desktop publishing/graphics
- Event management
- Leadership – requires membership
- Olave Program – requires membership
- Outdoor recreation
- Presentation and facilitation
- Promotion/public relations
- Shopping for activities and events
- Supporting a camp or sleepover activity
- Supporting a Leader
- Special projects
Contact your State Girl Guiding Organisation to begin your Guiding Journey today.