Girl Guides Australia is committed to complying with the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APP) as described in the Privacy Amendment (Enchancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
The intent of this policy is to ensure that the privacy of our members are respected and that personal information is appropriately protected.
In developing its policy the Board addressed the following matters:
- Types of information collected - Personal;
- The way that Girl Guides collects and holds personal information;
- The purpose for which Girl Guides collects, hosts, uses and discloses personal information;
- Commercial Use of Data;
- The method by which a member of Girl Guides accesses personal information about them, that is held by GGA or a State Girl Guides Organisations and seek corrections to that information;
- Raising complaints;
- Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients; and
- Declaration of countries that we disclose information to
The policy can be downloaded here.
If you have a concern and/or complaint about Girl Guides Australia's practice and policy when it comes to the Australian Privacy Principles please contact:
Girl Guides Australia
Suite 103, Level 1, 100 William Street
Woolloomooloo NSW 2011
Phone: 02 9311 8000
In your correspondance please detail the nature of your concern and GGA will consider the nature of issues raised against the APP and our Policy. If required the concern can be excalated to the Privacy Commissioner.